Re: SQL *Net more data from client - waiting too long

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 16:35:03 +0000

It means exactly what it says, the session is awaiting data from the client (probably the app server. You can most likely address this by

  1. sending more data at once - hence Jared's suggestion to get the network admin involved I guess - this involves mtu settings from memory (to be honest networks are mostly electric string with flashing lights to me, sorry).
  2. changing the app to be more efficient with its data transfers.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA