RE: SQL *Net more data from client - waiting too long

From: Polarski, Bernard <Bernard.Polarski_at_atosorigin.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:51:46 +0100

Basically it just means that a client started to transfer a data stream and that the transfer is still underway (zzzz...).

There is nothing the DB can do about it. I see that very often with web caches which are often plagued with bugs, or windows box TCP/IP stack or networking. Another common cause is windows memory fragmentation which reached its near termination course. Soon after there is a win box reboot.

So I have quite often people at phone trying to explain how their client apps are slow due to the horrible DB response time.

Strangely, it solves itself when they reboot their apps server (windows solution solving way).

You should also note some SQL*Net to client just because the DB cannot push all the data she would like.

Bernard Polarski

Oracle DBA

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: maandag 8 januari 2007 19:25
To: dd.yakkali_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: SQL *Net more data from client - waiting too long

On 1/5/07, dd yakkali <dd.yakkali_at_gmail.com> wrote:

        Can any one please explain me what "SQL *Net more data from client" event means. What can I do to drill more into this issue?

Get your network administrator involved.

--

Jared Still

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jan 09 2007 - 01:51:46 CST