Re: Third Party tool rant

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:27:24 -0800

On 1/5/07, jan van mourik <jan.vanmourik_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I know how frustrating that is. I think most companies are too lazy
> to figure out or document exactly which privileges are needed, so they take
> the easy way out -- use DBA! But it can't be that easy anymore these days,
> not with SOX and such!

Yup, this has been an issue with Toad for years.

In the 90's I had to write a custom version of DBA_(some dba view here) for use by developers in production. They were required to see certain stored objects in production, we were required to prevent allowing them destructive access to the database.

--
Jared Still