Re: JAVA Developer

From: Mindaugas Navickas <mnavickas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:48:09 -0800 (PST)

Laimutis, I wouldn't be so strict on this... Data Model should reflect business requirements (do not tell me that database layer has to be bussiness-logic-free :-) ). How can DBA or data modeller design data model without knowing application logic? This knowledge should be passed from middle-tier developer to database modeller. Good communication between application developers and data modeller is critical. The issue araises when application developer assumes role of data modeller without beeing qualified for that but I can not state that all Java developers are not qualified for data modelling. Mindaugas Navickas From: oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) When designing tables for use by your application, do you include foreign keys in your design, or do you prefer to handle the logic within the application? Please, DO NOT ALLOW JAVA DEVELOPER to get even close to data modelling. If you do then he must qualify as data modeller as such. This discipline has nothing to do with Java. Fyrirvari/Disclaimer http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer