RE: JAVA Developer

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:41:32 -0500

Joel,

Here are a couple:

Do you use bind variables? Do you use them only as needed or all the time? (All the time is the correct answer).

Do you prefer to use stored packages/procs or write your own sql and submit it from Java?

Have you ever used reference cursors within Oracle?

When designing tables for use by your application, do you include foreign keys in your design, or do you prefer to handle the logic within the application?

Good Luck!

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.