Re: Where do you buy your computer books?

From: Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 21:25:01 +0100

On 1/6/07, Alessandro Vercelli <alever_at_libero.it> wrote:
> > Amazon.com - DHL Worldmail - 1-3 weeks to Italy
> > Amazon.co.uk - Air Mail - 2 days-1week to Italy

> Just pay attention to import laws of your country, if any; in Italy, for example, buying the same book from UK instead of USA may avoid to pay some expensive taxes...

Yes but, as I said, at least for DHL worldmail from USA to Italy it seems that it's not the case, I've never paid import duties (and I've used that service at least 50 times). My explanation is that, since DHL ships them to Frankfurt Germany by their planes and then mail them into regular mail from Germany to Italy, Germany doesn't apply import duties since Germany is not the final destination, and then Italy doesn't see them as coming from outside EU. Maybe.

It may be the same for all EU states, that's the reason I've shared my experience.

--
Alberto Dell'Era
"Per aspera ad astra"