Re: Where do you buy your computer books?

From: Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 20:47:43 +0100

On 1/6/07, Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just an informal poll.... Where do you buy your computer books?
> Me - Amazon and bookpool

Amazon.com - DHL Worldmail - 1-3 weeks to Italy Amazon.co.uk - Air Mail - 2 days-1week to Italy

Nice thing about DHL worldmail is that I've never paid import duties, maybe because the parcels land in Frankfurt Germany and then are shipped to Italy by snail mail, so German customs think "oh, in transit" and Italian ones think "oh, from within EU"; or maybe just because I'm lucky.

bookpool ships to Italy only by courier since they say that "DHL worldmail is unreliable to Italy". I've written and told them I've used it (from Amazon!) at least 50 times over the years without a single problem - but no joy. Sad, bookpool would be the cheapest one if they shipped by DHL worldmail ;)

--
Alberto Dell'Era
"Per aspera ad astra"