RE: Third Party tool rant

From: Kerber, Andrew <Andrew.Kerber_at_umb.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:32:22 -0600

They don't need DBA access. select_catalog_role or select any dictionary is sufficient, and even those aren't needed if you just give grants to the specific dba views that Toad uses. The people at Quest know this, and should know that you don't give dba privs to every developer.

Andrew W. Kerber
Oracle DBA
UMB
816-860-3921
andrew.kerber_at_umb.com

"If at first you dont succeed, dont take up skydiving"