RE: Oracle Standard Edition & RAC

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 07:47:39 -0800

I'd say it depends on the app and the platform. There are systems - it would be purely posturing to say what proportion of them as I have no idea - that will require more than the 1.7gb process limit on a 32bit platform before they exhaust the CPU capacity of the opteron based machines that you use as an example.

...oh good heavens, 32bit? Please tell me nobody is doing NEW deployments with 32bit. Anyway, even that limit can be bypassed fairly well with indirect data buffers

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

--