Re: Oracle Standard Edition & RAC

From: z b <zimsbait_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 23:27:17 -0500

> Just a thought about another scenario - I know some sites are using
> Extended Distance Clusters with RAC. In this case it supposed to
> protect in site disaster scenarios. I'm personally very careful and
> even skeptical about that and don't have experience with such
> clusters. Does someone have any first hands experience to share?

I'd be interested to hear about this as well.

Also, does anyone have any advice for a SE One DR scenario? Dataguard isn't supported, and I believe streams and adv. replication are limited. I was thinking
EDC Rac or a roll your own log shipping like DG does. Of course, that takes a lot of manual setup and if things got out of sync applying on the target, you could have a mess.