Re: Oracle Standard Edition & RAC

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 20:56:52 +0000

I did wonder whether I'd been clear enough... I intended 200 - 500 not 2-500 :). I agree with the sentiment about outsourcing, though I'm not sure I'd ever agree with outsourcing a business differentiating system even it had only 1 user.

There are an awful lot of systems out there that have time to do batch stuff (like stats etc) overnight, that would arguably do index creation out of hours as well and don't do 300M worth of data transfer/redo generation in a 10 minute window of normal use, let alone per second. A rather surprising number of these people believe they need/have been sold/want to imagine that they are large enough to need EE and not a 'Workgroup' product. I disagree with them:)

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA