Re: Oracle on windows 2003 on vmware

From: Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:23:09 +0300

Now: Oracle on Linux. Linux on the hardware. 2 hops. Then: Oracle on Linux. Linux on VMWare. VMWare on Win2003. Win2003 on the hardware. 4 hops.
Right?

Perhaps the said kid wants to play with the OS stacking because his life is too steady and quiet. Or he/she/it thinks that Oracle DBA's life is too quiet and steady. Or both of them need some extreme urgently... :-) Ron?

In other words - where is an(-y) ADVANTAGE in the new schema? Except an easy (?) movement to another VMWare server? Do they optimize the movements?

Looks like April the 1st joke, isn't it?

--Andrey