RE: Query on dba_waiters and dba_blockers hangs

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 08:52:26 -0700

That seems to be a common misconception, but actually the RBO does still exist in 10g - it's just not supported and I haven't verified this personally, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Oracle is still using RULE hint for some of it's internal queries even in 10.2.

Regards,
Brandon

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ram Raman

The RULE hint worked. Hopefully we will not have this problem in 10g which does not have RBO.