RE: RAC on OCFS2 acceptance testing

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:16:50 -0800

>> Neither OCFS nor OCFS2 support asynchronous I/O.
>> They both allow only direct I/O. By attempting
>> to use asynchronous I/O, you may crash your
>> system or your database.
>> That is well documented on the OCFS site.

Do you happen to have the link? I can't find this statement on http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2. Not via google, not by browsing the docs directly.

...Oracle does use Linux libaio on OCFS. Someone was mistaken. Now, just because I said that doesn't mean it works well or holds up....

http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2006/12/28/the-dread-factor-multi-vend or-support-unbreakable-linux/