Re: Query on dba_waiters and dba_blockers hangs

From: Ajay <ajay_1ajay_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:05:39 -0800 (PST)

Can you try with RULE hint?
  Do you have lot of other objects in system tablespace?

Ram Raman <veeeraman_at_gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi,

  I am trying to query dba_waiters and dba_blockers table logged in as sysdba and the queries hang. Oracle v9206. I issued "select * from dba_waiters" and wait for 5, 6 minutes and then killed the query. Just for testing it, once I waited 30 minutes after issuing the query. There was no response, so I killed it.

  Has anyone observed this behavior before.

  Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?