Single instance with Oracle Clusterware

From: Juan Miranda <j.miranda_at_sermatica.es>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:34:06 +0100

Hi

We need to configure a active-pasive cluster (cold failover).

First we choose to use HP Service Guard but I just think that Oracle Clusterware can do the work too.

More info

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/clustering/pdf/ocsinglein stance.pdf

Anyone tried this ? any experience ?

I must paid to use clusterware if we donīt have Oracle RAC licenses ?

Thanks