RE: help about column-level security

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:48:23 +0100

Hi

> As we all know, VPD supplies us row-level security,then if not
using
> view,is there any other way/mechenism supplying colomn-level
> security,through which I can permit some users can access only a few
> columns in a table but can not access other columns?

What you are describing is available as of 10gR1 and it's called "column-level virtual private database". With it you have two behaviors... What you are looking for it's the "column masking behavior".

Have a look to the procedure DBMS_RLS.ADD_POLICY and especially to the parameters SEC_RELEVANT_COLS and SEC_RELEVANT_COLS_OPT.

HTH
Chris