Re: Oracle Standard Edition & RAC

From: Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 22:31:59 -0600

Instead of deleting awr, why don't you disable it with statistics_level=basic ? There are other things that have to be consider using "basic" like the stats gathering, but most people like collecting stats when they want and not when oracle wants them. I would be wary about dropping the objects. I bet patches and upgrades expect the objects to be there and would cause some problems.