Re: How to install Oracle Application on remote linux box?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 02:09:34 -0500

On 12/31/2006 10:59:29 PM, Anand wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi!

> Happy New Year 2007.

Same to you.

> I have a task to do which is very Urgent.

For whom? I'm in an alcohol caused stupor and I don't feel any urgency. Are you sure it's urgent with the capital "U"? Only something that cannot be helped by Pepsid AC can be that urgent.

> Please can anyone guide me how to install Oracle Application on linux box as
> the server is in remote place or send me the document if anyone has
> it.Ihave done the installation on the local
> machine.I am a newbie on the installation part.I need your advice

Start vncserver on the remote machine and connect from the local machine using VNC viewer. I recommend TightVNC for the client, it works very well. Usually, every Linux box comes with vncserver installed, but, if it didn't, you should execute "yum -y install vncserver" or equivalent for your variety of unbreakable Linux. Tight VNC can be downloaded from www.tightvnc.com

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mladen-gogala.com