re: need to Run csscan in Background ?

From: Tim Onions <att755_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:49:02 +0000

Vivek

Not sure if it is available on SUN (or if you hve it installed) but on Linux I use the SCREEN command - it looks like a normal command window but you can detach it and let it run without worrying about net connections etc. You can then re-attach at any later point, from a different PC client session if you want (I use it to kick things off to run whilst I'm out of the office etc).

I find it easier that nohup as you have all the normal features of a session (output, input etc) - you just let it run whilst you eat/sleep/drink - when you come back to it it is just like it was a normal session you left running.

Tim Onions

>Folks

>Need to Run csscan Utility as Background processes because the LAN
>Network Connecting my PC to the SUN DB Server is somewhat Unstable. Can
>csscan be Run as a Background Unix Process or NOT?

Find Singles In Your Area This Christmas With Match.com! msnuk.match.com