Performance issues after 10gR2 Upgrade.

From: MVR <yoursraju007_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 09:37:08 -0500

Fellas,

here is my situation: We have upgraded 11i database from 9206 and 10.2.0.2. There are various complaints on performance. When I digged into it.. I found some init parameters whicha are supposed to be removed in 10gR2..were not removed.

optimizer_features_enable =9.2.0
optimizer_mode = choose.

We were using "Gather Schema Statistics" concurrent program to gather statistics on application Schemas and dbms_stats on SYS and SYSTEM. How do you guys gather stats ?

Im planning to remove these two parameters from Init file. I have removed this in test instance... its now showing default parameters as

optimizer_features_enable = 10.2.0.2
optimizer_mode = ALL_ROWS

All the functionality is working... but dont know about performance... as load is not there test or no one really uses test instance. I dont know its implications...Can you someone suggest ?

This Optimizer mode change is a very big change..So Im afraid..what I should hear during holidays.

I have created so many SQL_PROFILES so far in reaction to the complaints.. Not sure if those SQL_PROFILES are still valid and useful.. As optimizer is going to be chnaged.. would it be good idea to remove and see?

Thanks