Does anyone use 10gR2 Grid control for enterprise wide monitoring ?

From: Prem <premjhere_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:12:32 +0530

Hi ,

Does anyone use 10gR2 Grid control for enterprise wide monitoring ? How reliable and stable it is ?

we are in the process of currently evaluating the same (10gR2 grid on solaris 10)
for monitoring 100+ databases instead of our current shell scripts.The shell

scripts does a decent job of monitoring our databases.

I find the grid control a bit unstable & un-reliable ... I say this because :

Even a simple restart of the target database / servers result in

To put simply , it takes more time to debug such issues and often results in raising a TAR.

Seems it needs to mature more and NOT to go for grid control now. How many would agree with me ?
Or is it time we need to get used to grid and it's errors ?

Regards,
Prem