SUCCESS ..............RE: Connect Thru Listener for NEWLY Converted RAC DB Failing ......Basic Qs

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:17:37 +0530

Shreeni, Salem, folks

Finally Connect thru Listener was successful thanks to the great support from you folks. Thanks indeed.

ACTIONS:- Added the service thru "NETCA" Tool

Another mistake - Both the initPNBRAC1.ora & PNBRAC2.ora has by Oversight the parameter value instance_name = PNBRAC. Deleted the same

Cheers

Vivek

From: Shreeni [mailto:shreeni_at_sbcglobal.net] Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 4:11 AM
To: VIVEK_SHARMA; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Connect Thru Listener for NEWLY Converted RAC DB Failing ......Basic Qs

OK...This clears up a bit I guess. Using srvctl in this order, I guess u will be set :- ( srvctl -h gives you all possible syntax combos )

srvctl add database -d PNBRAC -o <oracle_home> -r PRIMARY -n PNBRAC srvctl add instance -d PNBRAC -i PNBRAC1 -n spesuns4p-2 srvctl add service -d PNBRAC -s PNBRAC.ad.infosys.com -P BASIC srvctl add nodeapps -n spesuns4p-2 -o <oracle_home> srvctl config database

Thanks and have a good day.

Shreeni