Re: Delete Performance Issue

From: Don Doo <doodon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:38:45 -0500

Hi Stephane,

The targetperiod and runseq are not part of primary key. The target period represent weeks
and we have about 100 distinct values for that ( 2 years of data) and runseq has about 750
distinct values. The table has 65 million rows. Just for testing I created an index on these
two columns and the query was not using the index. I think that is the right thing.
The query has the same execution plan when it deletes 200,000 rows and 2.5million rows.
It is using full scans for three tables and one NL and two hash joins. What could make a
hash join delete so slow when the number of records increases. I would really appreciate if
somebody could shed some light into that.

Regards,

Don