Re: pl/sql to be desupported in favour of java?

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:36:51 +1100

Powell, Mark D wrote,on my timestamp of 21/12/2006 5:56 AM:

> We are actively writing new programs on the mainframe using COBOL and IMS.

who isn't, in the mainframe arena?
It's still by far the best bang-for-buck language in that universe.

> We even have a couple of Websphere java applications that fetch IMS data
> via the Web.

Mark, the first time I see confirmation
of j2ee Cobol programs I'll be personaly rubbing it in the face of a few "java experts" I know of. what goes around comes around...

> COBOL will probably outlive all of us.

Of course it will. And anyone who tries
to claim the opposite is into statistics. Or into hard drugs.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto