Re: expdp and clob ... any tricks to speed up?

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:35:49 -0500

Mladen,

I'd first blame workspace manager.
Seriously.
I hit this yesterday.
If this is a database upgraded from 9.2 or even one that was created on a base release but which major patchsets have been applied - there is an excellent chance that the version of workspace manager is behind and is hosing expdp and/or export.
Sorry that this has nothing to do with LOBs. I'll bet that you're not sorry that this has nothing to do with LONG RAWs.

No data dictionary scripts required here. All right, I'll use one:

col comp_id format a10
col comp_name format a35
col version format a10
select comp_id, comp_name, version, status from dba_registry
order by 1;

COMP_ID    COMP_NAME                           VERSION    STATUS
---------- ----------------------------------- ---------- ------
CATALOG    Oracle Database Catalog Views       10.1.0.4.0 VALID
CATJAVA    Oracle Database Java Packages       10.1.0.4.0 VALID
CATPROC    Oracle Database Packages and Types  10.1.0.4.0 VALID
CONTEXT    Oracle Text                         10.1.0.4.0 VALID
EM         Oracle Enterprise Manager           10.1.0.4.0 VALID
EXF        Oracle Expression Filter            10.1.0.4.0 VALID
JAVAVM     JServer JAVA Virtual Machine        10.1.0.4.0 VALID
ORDIM      Oracle interMedia                   10.1.0.4.0 VALID
OWM        Oracle Workspace Manager            10.1.0.6.0 VALID
XDB        Oracle XML Database                 10.1.0.4.0 VALID
XML        Oracle XDK                          10.1.0.4.0 VALID

Paul

--
-- ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS 'immediate trace name hanganalyze level 4';