RE: How to reproduce an ORA-7445?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_vmsinfo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:45:11 -0500

How about sennding signal 4 (illegal instruction), 8 (floating point exception) or 11 (segmentation violation) to an oracle process of your choice? The ORA-7445 error is generated from within a signal handler. If oracle process receives an external signal that it cannot handle, it will generate ORA-7445. That way of generating signals will keep Oracle developers occupied for a while, as they will frantically trie to reproduce the phantom menace causing the signal.