Re: Session PGA memory max exceeded 2 GB and crashes.

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:07:32 -0800 (PST)

Mladen wrote
>> I'd look into SAM and check the OS parameters.

I wouldn't bother. Look at the error
> ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 1048 bytes
> (koh-kghu call ,pl/sql vc2)

you've somehow blown the call stack. double the SGA and it will just blow a few milliseconds later...

I bet that Norman's little proc is

- executing every row
- doing a PkTrace.Enter on every row (in the entire table) and stacking its context
- maybe not doing a PkTrace.leave and so not popping the stack (either through code error or PL/SQL to SQL integration snafu)
- and so generally exploding.

As I said privately to Norman

1) pull the function call out of the SQL
2) rewrite the SQL to be WHERE LAST_DATTIM < value
3) have a look through Pk_Utils.fnc_get_sys_par to see where it's lost its pop
4) go home and start cooking the brussel sprouts (there's barely time before Monday...)

Regards Nigel