RE: Use of Multiple BLOCK Sizes ?

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:33:32 +0530

Folks, Rich

Thanks indeed Rich for the pointer.

Cheers

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jesse, Rich Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:33 PM Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Use of Multiple BLOCK Sizes ?

My knee jerk to investigating the use of multiple block sizes is to see if it would benefit LOB storage for third party app. In other words, would the LOBs benefit from having a 16k or 32k blocksize? Unfortunately, I have zero documentation about what the LOBs are and why in the world is the vendor putting certain non-LOB tables and indexes in the LOB tablespace.

Of course I haven't gotten that far yet, but when I do, I'll let you know. Unless someone else here would like to chime in... :)

GL!

Rich

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of LS Cheng Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:23 AM To: VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

I think the best practice is multi block size tablespaces are invented so you can transport them and not for performance reasons

On 12/19/06, VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com> wrote:

Folks

Does use of Multiple BLOCK sizes (for different Tablespaces) help in Performance of a Hybrid Application?

Any best practices, Links, Docs?

Thanks indeed