RE: Veritas, 10gR2 and RAC

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:44:36 -0800

>>>cluster ware) when you want to run your database in a
>>>cluster environment. It does not make any sense to me :).
>>>Also when the focus (!) is on reducing the TCO, eliminating
>>>another layer of $$ certainly reduces the co$t.

...I'll chime in. Maybe people are not satisfied with having a cluster where the only cluster-aware software is the database. There is more to an Oracle deployment than rows and columns.

The no finger pointing bit is a ruse. Some additional thoughts on the matter here:

http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2006/10/26/now-is-the-time-to-open-sou rce/

And:

Read the suse-oracle list for real facts on the dreamland no-finger-pointing
support paradigm. There is a real sweet one going on over there right now.
Completely unbreakable, 6 weeks of kernel bug trouble related to AIO and neither
Oracle not Novell are doing anything about it (the words of the customer, not mine)