Re: Veritas, 10gR2 and RAC

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:24:31 -0800

Amir,

I may not be able to comment further because of the obvious reasons :) But having a single vendor for the entire suite certainly helps (at least no finger pointing when there is an issue) and I do not see anything wrong in it. Also why would you need to depend on somebody (i.e third party cluster ware) when you want to run your database in a cluster environment. It does not make any sense to me :). Also when the focus (!) is on reducing the TCO, eliminating another layer of $$ certainly reduces the co$t.

BTW, at the end of the day they all are arguments. Reality is somewhat close to the other end. :)). We can take that offline..

-Gopal

--
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan