RE: pl/sql to be desupported in favour of java? (not!)

From: William B Ferguson <wbfergus_at_usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:08:44 -0700

If java ever did replace PL/SQL (which I don't think it will), and PL/SQL went bye-bye, I'd probably have to switch databases.

I do not know java, I do not want t o know java. What little java I've done and seen was slow, big, and overly complicated.

Once a year we have mandatory computer security training, and for some stupid reason the company they contracted with has a java program that does nothing except displays web pages (plain ole' HTML), and every year my users have problems with it freezing up, losing track of pages viewed, etc.

PL/SQL is quick and easy to use, and if you want something complicated, then java is an option. Keyword being "option".

                               Bill Ferguson
            U.S. Geological Survey - Minerals Information Team
                           PO Box 25046, MS-750
                           Denver Federal Center
                          Denver, Colorado 80225
           Voice (303)236-8747 ext. 321     Fax   (303)236-4208
      ~ Think on a grand scale, start to implement on a small scale ~

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Dec 18 2006 - 13:08:44 CST