DBMS_JOB - BROKEN FLAG ISSUE

From: Subbiah, Nagarajan <Nagarajan.Subbiah_at_aetn.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 18:12:27 -0500

Hi,

One of our developer has reported a problem that when the broken flag is set to TRUE from the application ( connection comes from the webserver ) for a scheduled job, its not being set. I tried the following from the SQLPlus

dbms_job.broken(<jobno>,TRUE);

The broken flag is set to 'Y'.

Then I gave the 'commit;' After the commit, The broken flag was set as 'N'.

If I don't commit and exit from the SQL*Plus session, and then go back again, I see the broken flag is set to 'Y'.

Is it an Oracle bug or is there any thing else need to be done?.

We are at 10.2.0.2 on HP-UX.

Thanks in Advance,

Raja.