(RE: Use of host command from scripted SQL)++

From: David Moss <David.Moss_at_fdmgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 22:00:15 -0000

Hi all

Firstt of all, I just wanted to thank you all for your help.

On a sidenote, does anyone know if you can stop the execution of a script called using @ or @@ conditionally? This has to be outside of a procedure as I'm using ACCEPT and the like. Halting the sqlplus process is not an option either. I'm trying to get a recursive script to work.

Think of something like

------some-file.sql--------
SOME CODE ACCEPT some_var PROMPT 'Give me input> ';

IF some_var = '' THEN -- I know this doesn't exist

    COOL CODE TTHAT STOPS SCRIPT
END IF PRINT some_var

MORE CODE @@some-file.sql
-------/some-file.sql--------

David.

This message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only; unless clearly stated that this disclaimer should not apply, this e-mail is not intended to create legally binding commitments on behalf of FDM Group Plc, nor do its contents reflect the corporate views or policies of FDM. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of the message, please notify the sender immediately.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk