Re: Determining the "fuzziness" of a datafile

From: <gparc_at_free.fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:46:24 +0100

Adam,

in V$BACKUP_DATAFILE, I think you can use the column ABSOLUTE_FUZZY_CHANGE#. Regards

Selon "Donahue, Adam" <Adam.Donahue_at_kbcfp.com>:

 Folks,

 Is there an easy way to determine exactly the "fuzziness" of a datafile  that's been restored from an RMAN back up as part of a clone operation
(meaning with a backup controlfile), without having to look at the
 backup catalog itself?

 That is, as far as I can tell, when a backup at time 0 is started and  completes at time 100, the blocks of the files backed up in that period  could reflect anything from 0 to 100 depending on when they were read.  And of course we need to redo containing those changes. But v$datafile
(and v$datafile_header), as well as v$database, don't give an indication
 of exactly how much redo is needed to bring the database back to a  consistent state. Is there a way to say "What's your max (or min) SCN?"  or is this a lower-level operation that would require tracing. I figure  it must be somewhere - but I didn't see the SCN noted anywhere upon a  cursory glance.

 Adam

 --
 This message may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged  information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived by any transmission to  an unintended recipient. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify  the sender and delete this message immediately. Any views expressed in this  message are those of the sender, not those of any entity within the KBC  Financial Products group of companies (together referred to as "KBC FP").

 This message does not create any obligation, contractual or otherwise, on the  part of KBC FP. It is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) of, or a  recommendation to buy or sell, any financial product. Any prices or other  values included in this message are indicative only, and do not necessarily  represent current market prices, prices at which KBC FP would enter into a  transaction, or prices at which similar transactions may be carried on KBC  FP's own books. The information contained in this message is provided "as is",  without representations or warranties, express or implied, of any kind. Past  performance is not indicative of future returns.