RE: IN comparison operator in PL/SQL cursor

From: Borrill, Christopher <Chris.Borrill_at_hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:15:18 +1300

Even better is the solution described in this article, which I have use successfully:

http://www.oracledba.co.uk/tips/collections.htm

Chris

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Geoffrey E. Quelch Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 3:57 PM To: oracle-l
Subject: IN comparison operator in PL/SQL cursor

Hi,
I'm wondering if someone on this list can help with this problem I'm trying to resolve.

I'm attempting to use an IN comparison operator in a PL/SQL cursor and can't seem to get it to work.

Pseudo code follows:

    PROCEDURE GetStationDataByList (

        in_list IN VARCHAR2
    )
    IS

(I have removed unrelated items in this cursor.)

As written, the above doesn't work, how can I modify "in_list" to get this to work? Is this in fact even possible?

By not work, I mean no rows are returned and I don't get an error. If I move the select statement to sqlplus and place the text I have in "in_list" into the operator, I get rows returned as expected.

I've consulted the Oracle documentation, and there appears to be no mention on how this needs to be done.

Thanks
Geoff Quelch

--

Geoff Quelch