RE: AIX pinned memory

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:38:23 -0700

Thanks, but I don't think that is the case - the page space is only 4GB:

/opt/oracle ->lsps -a

Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type
hd6 hdisk0 rootvg 4096MB 2 yes yes lv

But here it shows that over 7GB (out of 16GB total RAM) is currently pinned:

/opt/oracle ->vmstat -v

              4194304 memory pages
               162150 free pages
              1890651 pinned pages