Re: Splitting production and development/test at the DBA level?

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:06:19 -0700

We had the DBA split at my last employer. The biggest problems we had were lack of communication between the two groups, unrealistic expectations from management, and policies/procedures for each group not clearly defined and documented. The split itself was not the problem.

As was mentioned earlier though, I would definitely review the workload for each group to see if the proposed numbers for each team are appropriate. We had a fairly even split--3 production, 4 dev/test.

Sandy