Re: Streams

From: Remigiusz Soko?owski <rems_at_wp-sa.pl>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:40:38 +0100

Sam Chakkanat wrote:
> Remigiusz,
>
> The parallel query error is related to specific OS pre-req patch for
> 10.1.0.3 and up.(I don't remember the patch number off my head).
> I guess this is now included in 10.2.0.2. This error has also dependency on
> these parameters.
>
> parallel_max_servers (min 6 or above),
> open_links (4 or above)
> processes (adjust accordingly to OS needs)
> sessions
> sga_target (From 10gR2 streams_pool_size is auto allocated from this, but
> general rule is a minimum 200 MB, usually I allocate 500MB for
> streams_pool_size)
>
> From your parameters looks like you have only 260MB of streams_pool_size,
> and it may well on the edge.
> Try turning off parallelism, increase sga_target or set streams_pool_size to
> 500MB. If that works, then turn on parallelism and see if that breaks.
>
> Other question (s) : Is this on production? or Development? Is this streams
> environment is built new or built, then cleaned and rebuilt ...? In that
> case
> chances are cleansing may be not really clean...

this is production on 10.2.0.1/solaris_sparc. streams are built new, and all works great - just sometimes it is too less memory - we suppose it is due to temporal traffic increase and I don't know - more parallel processes processing queue taking whole memory? It would be fine to limit somehow this parallelism degree (but only for queues) - queue can grow, it would be emptied later in time of lower traffic.

Regards
Remigiusz

--
Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems_at_wp-sa.pl>