RE: Streams

From: Sam Chakkanat <cvsam_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 06:38:51 -0800

Remigiusz,

The parallel query error is related to specific OS pre-req patch for 10.1.0.3 and up.(I don't remember the patch number off my head). I guess this is now included in 10.2.0.2. This error has also dependency on these parameters.

parallel_max_servers (min 6 or above),
open_links (4 or above)
processes (adjust accordingly to OS needs) sessions
sga_target (From 10gR2 streams_pool_size is auto allocated from this, but general rule is a minimum 200 MB, usually I allocate 500MB for streams_pool_size)

From your parameters looks like you have only 260MB of streams_pool_size, and it may well on the edge.
Try turning off parallelism, increase sga_target or set streams_pool_size to 500MB. If that works, then turn on parallelism and see if that breaks.

Other question (s) : Is this on production? or Development? Is this streams environment is built new or built, then cleaned and rebuilt ...? In that case
chances are cleansing may be not really clean...

There may be also other dependencies to the schema/tables that you need to dig in.

Hope this helps.

Thank You,

Sam Chakkanat
America's C-Bench