RAC or Not RAC

From: Oliver Jost <Oliver.Jost_at_ca.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:52:30 -0500

Hi All,
  I have a question that may be a touch backwards. My option is to create a standalone instance on 10G or single-node RAC 10G. Aside from support, does anyone have any pros and cons to potential approach. If we move to a standalone instance we can stablize our application and upgrade to RAC. If we go with RAC I can just add a node when it presents itself. I know the RAC pack suggests a standalone instance rather than a single node RAC and I'm inclined that way myself. Could anyone add their insight/experience?

Thank you,

     Oliver

Blank Bkgrd.gif