Re: closed - not a bug grrrrrrr

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:12:09 +0000

This was linux (I'm pretty sure x64 can check tomorrow). From the note however

Applies to: Oracle Server - Standard Edition - Version: 10GR2
> This problem can occur on any platform.
> Symptoms
>
> RMAN backup to an auto mounted (autofs) NFS file system fails with
>
> ORA-27054: NFS file system where the file is created or resides is not
> mounted
> with correct options
>
> This occurs despite the fact that the correct options have indeed been
> used.

If this description is correct I just cannot see how closed, not a bug can possibly be an appropriate status. Incorrect error messages that prevent backups are a bug in my book.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA