Re: Updating system statistics

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:56:29 -0700

Note that this is an important difference between gathering system statistics and gathering object statistics. When you specify a stattab-statid in gather_table_stats the current statistics from the data dictionary are saved in the stattab under the statid before being replaced by the newly gathered statistics. When you specify a stattab-statid in gather_system_stats the new statistics are stored in the stattab under the statid bypassing the data dictionary.

At 12:36 PM 12/12/2006, Don Seiler wrote:
>Forgot to note that this is on 10.2.0.2, 32-bit RHEL3.
>
>So gathering system stats to the user table won't alter CBO behavior
>then? I assume I have to create that table with
>dbms_stats.create_stat_table() function.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
www.centrexcc.com