Re: License question

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 07:47:39 -0700

When I first came on board, the SAs were doing all the Oracle installs. They were planning to install EE even though we were licensed for SE because they come on the same set of disks. Knowing that there are subtle differences, I persuaded them to install what they licensed. Being the only DBA, I was outnumbered 3 to 1, but I did prevail. I was later told that not only would we have failed a license audit, we would have run into problems with our SAS70 audit, which is critical to our business. I would advise you to be very careful on this slippery slope. Just because you might use a feature in the future, doesn't justify installing something you didn't license.

Sandy