RE: I/O and db_file_multiblock_read_count

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:49:45 -0800

You folks are freaking me out. The OP could easily be handled by testing with a scan "agent" that doesn't vary its I/O profile. I said so straight out of the
gate and Mark said so with very rich supporting text. Let's just see what the array head
can deliver to dd(1) since it scans with precisely the same sort of I/O as a scattered
read except (most critical) it is buffered in the data segment of dd(1) instead of
sprayed across buffers in the SGA.

ok, crawling back into the cave to work on the blog

kevinclosson.wordpress.com