Re: can't connect '/ as sysdba'

From: Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:27:57 -0700

I may be jumping in late here, but...

There have been lots of good suggestions, but there's one I haven't seen...

What's in your 'sqlnet.ora'? As I recall, you still need to enable the BEQ authentication method in sqlnet.ora before you can connect "/ as sysdba".

In the meantime, if you have put a passwordfile in place, you should be able to do "connect sys/password as sysdba".

On 12/6/06, Janine Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net> wrote:

> I'm still googling for answers but it's looking like I won't be
> finding one, so time to ask here.
>
> I am working as a consultant with a 9.2.0.8 installation. I was
> present when it was installed and didn't see anything out of the
> ordinary happen. It seems to function normally with one exception -
> no matter what I do, I get an ORA-01031 "Insufficient privileges"
> error when I try to connect with '/ as sysdba', which prevents

Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead
   Senior DBA,
   The Pythian Group