RE: DB Control not sending mail until server bounces

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:24:37 -0700

Dianna,

I have no idea why this happens, but I can tell you that I see the same problem all the time with my 10.2.0.2 databases on AIX5.3. Not only do the emails not go out, but the console stops responding completely. I have to restart the DB consoles every week or two and sometimes they still don't work when I restart them until I do it 2-3 times and then something magically works. I've checked for port conflicts and never found one so that doesn't seem to be the problem. Please let me know if you figure it out and I'll do the same.

Thanks,
Brandon