Re: ORA-01130

From: <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:05:03 -0600

Thanks, Stefan. That's what I gathered too on the Metalink

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Stefan Knecht"
             <knecht.stefan_at_gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com
             oracle-l-bounce_at_f                                          cc
             reelists.org              oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: ORA-01130
             12/07/2006 03:05
             AM

             Please respond to
             knecht.stefan_at_gma
                  il.com

Yes,

as soon as you raise the version in the compatible parameter, Oracle will make changes to the datafile headers (among other things) - which makes it impossible to read them with compatible set to a lower version. You also can't reverse a compatible parameter change without doing a restore.

Stefan

On 12/7/06, genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com < genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com> wrote:   Hi all:

  Here is my situation. I have a 10.2.0.1 database (DB01) where compatible   parameter is set to 10.2.0. I have a cold   backup created last night and I would like to restore it on another   server
  where I have 10.2.0.1 database (DB02) ,   but with the compatible parameter set to 10.0.0. I am getting the   error:

  ORA-01130: database file version 10.2.0.0.0 incompatible with ORACLE   version
  10.0.0.0.0
  ORA-01110: data file 1: '/opt/oracle/data/pcfr01/data10/cfr_system01.dbf'

  Does that mean that I have to change the compatible parameter on my DB02   database to match the one on
  DB01 (e.g - 10.2.0) in order to do the restore or is there a way to   accomplish the restore the way I want?

  thank you

  Gene Gurevich