Re: can't connect '/ as sysdba'

From: Janine Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 15:19:52 -0800

I wish it would! But I think this part is correct. Of course, I've been staring at it long enough to be well into stupid mistake territory...

[oracle_at_goethals oracle]$ whoami
oracle
[oracle_at_goethals oracle]$ groups
devel users dba
[oracle_at_goethals oracle]$ ls -l $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle -rwsr-s--x 1 oracle devel 53734878 Sep 21 12:48 /home/oracle/ OraHome2/bin/oracle
[oracle_at_goethals oracle]$ fgrep devel $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/config.c #define SS_DBA_GRP "devel"
#define SS_OPER_GRP "devel"

Have I missed something obvious here? I know "devel" is a weird choice of group name but I didn't do the install and as far as I can see it should work.

thanks,

janine