Re: Metalink Bug Status Codes

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 07:54:38 -0600

I agree 100%. I have spoken with Harmohan Suri (Executive Director of Support) a few times and repeatedly stated that there needs to be more lucid communication between the back-end Developers and the customer. Often times, at least in my experience, the Support Analyst you are dealing with is simply a middle-man who has been taught to keep tight lips in the interests of Oracle security and/or Intellectual Property rights. I have argued that it would be in Oracle's best interest to be more forthcoming with technical information because the folks who use Metalinks 1) have already paid a support fee for the "service", and 2) are generally smart people. It boggles my mind that Oracle does not pander at least a little to the above-average intelligences as demonstrated on this email list alone. I have also wondered what it would take to put more pressure on Oracle Support to supply more information.

--
Charles Schultz